Thursday, November 26, 2009

Credibility of hair densitometry/densitometer (for genetic male hair loss)?

I went to see a hair restoration doc one time who used a densitometer to measure the density of my hairs and assured me that I exhibited very early signs of hair thinning and some loss. He put me on propecia but the question is...the derm/trichologist/physians that I have seen have never heard of densitometry, one derm knew but he told me that it is only an art and is not to be completely trusted. He assured me that we all lose hair density as we grow older and just because we lose some hair density and some miniaturization but it does not mean we should take propecia especially since he thought my hair density was normal and I had a full head of thick hair still. He felt I should take it when I exhibit observable loss. It seems these derms don't really buy into the art of hair densitometry. Have you ever heard of this densitometer/densitometry? Would you trust it or should I just follow the derm's advice. I'm 26 and I still have a full head of hair just a little thin on the sides



Credibility of hair densitometry/densitometer (for genetic male hair loss)?

i had a surgery and i take propecia. i think you are talking about the camera the dude sticks on your head to show where your hairs come out of the scalp. he did it on me and i found it pretty enlightening. on the top where i was losing, the camera showed some big hairs and a bunch of tiny ones that were apparently falling out. on the sides they were all pretty much big. he explaind that you don't lose the side hair, so that's why all those hairs look like they are big. after i did my surgery, i went back there 6 months later and he did the camera thing again and it was pretty cool. when the scalp was magnified, you could see the grafts because these were way bigger than the other hairs on the top and because they had tiny little circles around each one (only could tell when it was magnified). so- anyways...i thought it was pretty cool just from an informational standpoint. i don't think there is any treatments it can do though. i'm sure the guy used it so he can get you to do the surgery, as it is pretty obvious that the hairs are shrinking when you look at the camera view.



Credibility of hair densitometry/densitometer (for genetic male hair loss)?

Hey you:) Hairloss was my mature at school. Are you talking about that machine that they put in your head there is the light in it and you have to stand under it several minutes? Im only asking because english isnt my homelanguage. im from Finland. If that is the machine, it works this way: He washes your hair, towel dryes it, and puts a treatment in it and puts you under the machine right? Well whole purpose for that treatment is to stimulate the blood circulation in your scalp, when the circulation is good it produces more oxygen and nutritions for the hair to grow. I did that treatment for my final exam to my cliant, the treatment has to take place every week at first or its not working. Did he gave you a hair tonic to use at home? Hair tonic does the same thing, it stimulates the blood circulation.. Dont get stressed about it, because it even makes it worse, and byt the way if it happens that you loose your hair it doesnt matter because some ladys find it sexy:) So dont worry:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Ltd